Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pumpkin Pie cream cheese

I love summer so much that I hate to wish it away, and I won't, but there's something warm and inviting about fall too. A cold day in the midwest has me craving all things pumpkin. Our fall cream cheese spread will do for now.

This is great on pretty much everything. Try bagels, toast, waffles, pancakes, apple slices (as dip), pretzel rods, graham crackers, pears, etc. I could go on and on.

Mix:

8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (30 seconds to 1 min in microwave)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin 
2T honey 
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
a little sploosh of vanilla

Place this in an airtight container - the smaller the better - and store in the fridge. 
For a little something extra, crush some graham crackers and sprinkle them over the top. Mmmm! 
My girls love to eat a pumpkin cream cheese sandwich with bananas. Sounds weird but it's pretty tasty. 


You might also like:
Pumpkin Butter      Pumpkin Nutmeg Rolls

No comments: