Monday, August 29, 2011

Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies

There's a lot of bacon around our house lately. This low carb diet has us eating it at least once a week. As I prepped some bacon cheddar ranch bread sticks last night, I was also baking off a few batches of cookies. Then it hit me. I always sprinkle the tops of my chocolate chip cookies with a little sea salt for a better flavor.  Why not use the smoky-salty flavor of the bacon to do the same thing?  I mean really... why not? So I did.
The result was fabulous! Do not poo-poo this recipe until you've tried it. Then it's fair game.

To make these little pieces of heaven:

Use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to make the cookie dough.
(Or heck, buy it at the store. Who am I to judge??)
Cook 1 slice of bacon for every 3 cookies in the microwave for 3 minutes. (They need to be very crispy.)
Chop or crush them into very fine bits. The smaller the better. You're not going for chewey chunks, but rather a hint of bacon-ey flavor.
Place the bacon bits on a paper towel. That keeps them in place while rolling and pulls some of the grease off.

Scoop or roll the cookie dough into balls.
Roll the cookie dough balls into the bacon and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake according to your recipe's directions.
D E L I S H.

No comments: