Sunday, June 6, 2010

Honey Lime Salmon

My hubby picked up some salmon to eat this week. I'm really not a huge fish fan so this is about the only "slab o' fish" I'll eat. (I'll eat shrimp, calamari, etc.) The only problem is that I like my fish really, really... dead, so I like to overcook mine. I imagine true cooks and chefs would have to roll their eyes at my salmon. Ha!

It's also a "must" to do what I can to cover any fishy-ness, so a marinade is in order.

2 tbsp Dijon mustard
juice of one freshly squeezed lime
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dry white wine (make sure it's one you like!)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 lb salmon fillets

Combine marinade ingredients in a large baggie and add salmon (carefully).
Try to get most of the air out when you seal it.
Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour turning once or twice
Preheat broiler
Coat broiler pan with cooking spray
Broil fish 4-6 inches from heating element for 5-6 minutes until fish is done.
(or... if you're me, pop yours back in for a few extra minutes.)

If you really hate fish, mix up a large batch of margaritas with the rest of your limes. Drink a few glasses BEFORE dinner. ;) That makes it much more tolerable.

No comments: