Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm In Love Cookies

I'm calling these "I'm in love cookies" because I love anything that is 1) chocolate 2) this stinkin' easy and 3) this light and gooey.

This was an experiment based on the fact that I was craving cookies and didn't have the typical cookies ingredients in the house. I had pumpkin and I had a cake mix. I know you can substitiute the eggs and oil with diet soda or apple sauce so why not pumpkin, right? When I mixed up the batter I first thought it wasn't going to work. It looked like there was too much cake mix for the pumpkin to absorb but I got it mixed in. Then I tasted it and, I love pumpkin but it was not the best. I threw it in the oven anyway and these marvelous, light, gooey cookies came out. mmmm....

Oh. You want the recipe? Okay here goes...

In a bowl mix:
one small can of pumpkin
one box of cake mix

Stir really well and then add some chocolate chips.
Ghiradelli makes really great choc chips because they're big and it's good quality chocolate.

Plop them on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
You can put them fairly close together because they don't really go anywhere.

I really thought they'd be dense like the soda+cake mix cookies but they're really light and fluffy.

No comments: