Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Philly cheesesteak sammy

10-inch Italian roll or individual husky looking long buns
6 oz. choice round or ribeye sliced into stips
5 slices of Provolone
cooked chopped onions
1 oz. olive oil
1 Green pepper sliced into strips
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese

Cook the meat, peppers, and onion on medium heat.
Some people like to "gut" the roll" (pull out the bread). I usually don't.
Spread cream cheese on both sides of the rolls.
Add meat, peppers and onions
Top with cheese

Some people like mushrooms too.

For tailgating, I like to make the meat/peppers/onion ahead of time. Then the morning of the tailgate I either set the crockpot to turn itself on for an hour or I turn it on when I get up. This warms the meat etc enough to transport it and have a warm sammy before the game. I also spread the cream cheese on the buns and then put them back in a bag to take along.

No comments: