Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars

These are soooo good. Like a crackle bar on crack. Don't be afraid of the TVP that I use in the recipe. Generally I try to stay away from "weird stuff" but this was so worth it. TVP or Textured Vegetable Protein (soy actually) is widely sold in grocery stores and is inexpensive.

1/2 C butter
1/2 natural peanut butter

Melt together for 30 seconds in the microwave

Add 3C TVP and stir

Add 3 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder. (I used Nnw 100% whey protein powder)

Spread into a square pan or double for a casserole dish.

Freeze for an hour or so.
Then you're ready to love it!

Cut into 25 squares.
Calories:86

 Carbs:2   Fat: 6   Protein: 5   Fiber: 1    1Net Carb/Square

 You can make a CHOCOLATE TOPPING for it if you feel the need.

1/2C coconut oil melted
2tsp cocoa
3T splenda or other sweetener
Mix and pour over the top. Freeze until firm.


1 comment:

LCDC said...

I had 1.5 cups of TVP on hand, so I decided to make a half batch of this. I think the recipe concept is excellent, but I found the resulting texture of the mix to be too dry and crumbly to hold the shape of a bar. It might be that my TVP was a little on the dry side to begin with, but I think next time I will first adjust this by adding more peanut butter.